What is boutique clothing for girls? Boutique brands are clothing lines ‘dreamed up’ by independent designers, produced in limited quantities and sold in small independent stores, also known as boutiques. Sometimes boutique clothing is manufactured and sold directly by the designer or trunk makers. Often times these cute outfits are made to order and sometimes the design is absolutely unique. However, there are a number of independent girls’ clothing brands that are factory-manufactured, mass-produced, sold in stores across the country, and have a huge following around the world.
In the world of faceless conglomerates, boutique clothing offers a great alternative to big brands. Persnickety Clothing, Mustard Pie Clothing, Matilda Jane, Giggle Moon, and Joyfolie shoes are just a few of these brands.
In the following paragraphs I will talk about the benefits of shopping boutique for your girl.
- Boutique girls clothing is unique and exclusive. Because these cute little girl outfits are made in limited quantities (and are sometimes unique), it is highly unlikely that you will come across a boy wearing the same outfit as your daughter or granddaughter. Boutique girl outfits often attract attention with their distinctive designs and earn compliments for their cuteness. Another reason for exclusivity is the way these clothes are sold. Some designers only make their clothes to order, and while custom order “ places ” are in high demand, the number of these places (in other words, the number of custom orders the designer is willing and able to fill) is limited. Other brands sell their products through gatekeepers. A trunk attendant shows samples of the clothing to a small group of people, takes the orders, and then sends them to the central office. Due to limited quantities, not all orders are filled. The time, effort, and sheer luck required to shop for girls’ boutique clothing add to its exclusivity.
- Boutique girls clothing supports local communities and small businesses. These cute outfits are designed by small, often family-owned businesses. They are manufactured in relatively small factories primarily in the United States and sold in independent stores. Everything about children’s boutique clothing supports small businesses and, at the end of the day, contributes to local communities. When you buy a boutique, you buy locally. Even when you shop online, you generally shop at small family-owned ecommerce businesses in the United States.
- Boutique girls clothing is quality over quantity. Independent designers keep in close contact with retailers and the end consumer of their products. They take comments and suggestions seriously and make quality and comfort an important part of their designs. There is a good reason to do so. Without the huge marketing budgets of big brands, boutique brands rely on word of mouth as their primary marketing tool. In the world of social media, positive feedback is crucial to the survival and growth of independent children’s clothing brands.
- Boutique girls’ clothing has its value. Due to its high quality, uniqueness, and exclusivity, indie kids wear has its value and can be easily worn or chilled after your little girl is done wearing it. Some clothes even go up in price! There are many girls’ boutique clothing resale communities. If you’re thinking of selling your little girl’s outfits, good places to start are eBay, various reseller Facebook pages and groups, and forums like Moms In Style or GymboFriends.
- Boutique girls clothing is just cute! These lovely designs are inspired by love of children, not love of profit. Independent children’s clothing designers express love for their own children and for children in general through each and every one of their designs. These cute clothes for girls reflect the essence of childhood and highlight the charm and kindness of the child who wears them.
I hope I have convinced some of my readers to give boutique clothing for girls a try! Maybe you can dress up your girl in Mustard Pie Clothing for her birthday girl outfit. Or get a dress from Persnickety Clothing to wear for Easter. Dollcake Clothing will be perfect for flower girl dresses and Ooh La La Couture has long been a customer favorite for pageants. Special occasions and family photos are a perfect ‘excuse’ to get your girl a boutique outfit or two.